We are thrilled to announce that bear expert Dr. Martyn Obbard will be joining our team of tour leaders!
Even though you may not have travelled with him before, you may already have been acquainted with Martyn (Marty) through his various appearances on Canadian television. His highest profile appearance was undoubtedly the one he made on the CBC’s Rick Mercer Report in 2009, when Rick joined Marty and his team including numerous Algonquin Park staff on a bear research excursion. Marty is a recognized authority on the biology of the American Black Bear and Polar Bear, having led field studies on both of these species in Ontario as part of his work for the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources. His ample time in the field has afforded him an intimate look into the lives of these animals. Among his finds, he has documented predation by a Black Bear on an adult Moose, and he has even been chased by a curious Black Bear and lived to tell!
For many years, Marty’s work has involved surveying Ontario’s Polar Bear population on the shores of Hudson Bay. Marty will be heading back to Hudson Bay to lead our special Polar Bears of Churchill excursion in October 2016! To learn more about Marty and our tour, please click here.
Meet your new tour leader: Dr. Martyn Obbard
By: Justin Peter
- 5 River Cruise Essentials
- A Daring Adventure and the Trip of a Lifetime in Antarctica
- Greenland meets Vietnam: The Quiet American
- Beyond “In Flanders Fields”: Seeing WWI Poetry Anew
- Japan: A Mysterious Blend of Modern and Traditional!
- On the Road from Cusco to Lamay
- Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief: Donor Trip to Ethiopia
- "A Merry Christmas to every-body! A Happy New Year to all the world! Hallo here! Whoop! Hallo!"
- A Quick Guide to Port Wine: Facts We've Learned in Portugal's Douro Valley
- That Golden Sun Still Shines: A San Francisco Love Story
Pictured: Ladakhi dancers in India.
We Want To Hear From You!
Have a travel tip or news item you want to share with us? Please send us an email with the details and if we can credit you for providing us with the info!