Congatulations to Ronald of Toronto for this wonderful photo of a very industrious Montezuma Oropendola. In Ronald's own words:
When: Morning of February 15, 2013 while on a Quest Nature Tour of Costa Rica led by Gavan Watson
Where: On the grounds of the Arenal Observatory Lodge
Why: The huge hanging nests of the Montezuma Oropendola require a lot of maintenance. After seeing a group of them working on their nest, I followed them to the source of their building materials. It was a sorry looking palm tree. This ambitious bird seems to have bitten off more than it can handle, but it successfully made off with its cargo.
Our February Photo Contest Winner
- 5 River Cruise Essentials
- A Daring Adventure and the Trip of a Lifetime in Antarctica
- Greenland meets Vietnam: The Quiet American
- Beyond “In Flanders Fields”: Seeing WWI Poetry Anew
- Japan: A Mysterious Blend of Modern and Traditional!
- On the Road from Cusco to Lamay
- Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief: Donor Trip to Ethiopia
- "A Merry Christmas to every-body! A Happy New Year to all the world! Hallo here! Whoop! Hallo!"
- A Quick Guide to Port Wine: Facts We've Learned in Portugal's Douro Valley
- That Golden Sun Still Shines: A San Francisco Love Story
Pictured: Ladakhi dancers in India.
We Want To Hear From You!
Have a travel tip or news item you want to share with us? Please send us an email with the details and if we can credit you for providing us with the info!