Congatulations to Ronald of Toronto for this wonderful photo of a very industrious Montezuma Oropendola. In Ronald's own words:
When: Morning of February 15, 2013 while on a Quest Nature Tour of Costa Rica led by Gavan Watson
Where: On the grounds of the Arenal Observatory Lodge
Why: The huge hanging nests of the Montezuma Oropendola require a lot of maintenance. After seeing a group of them working on their nest, I followed them to the source of their building materials. It was a sorry looking palm tree. This ambitious bird seems to have bitten off more than it can handle, but it successfully made off with its cargo.
Our February Photo Contest Winner
- 5 Reasons to Book your Polar Expedition Cruise with Worldwide Quest
- We're Coming to Vancouver!
- Conflict and Compromise in Philadelphia
- Laos The Final Frontier
- A Chance Meal for a Polar Bear?
- Top 5 Reasons Croatia Should Be on Your List
- 5 River Cruise Essentials
- A Daring Adventure and the Trip of a Lifetime in Antarctica
- Greenland meets Vietnam: The Quiet American
- Beyond “In Flanders Fields”: Seeing WWI Poetry Anew
Pictured: Friendly locals in Lijiang, China, taken by Amanda Butler
We Want To Hear From You!
Have a travel tip or news item you want to share with us? Please send us an email with the details and if we can credit you for providing us with the info!