Congatulations to Ronald of Toronto for this wonderful photo of a very industrious Montezuma Oropendola. In Ronald's own words:
When: Morning of February 15, 2013 while on a Quest Nature Tour of Costa Rica led by Gavan Watson
Where: On the grounds of the Arenal Observatory Lodge
Why: The huge hanging nests of the Montezuma Oropendola require a lot of maintenance. After seeing a group of them working on their nest, I followed them to the source of their building materials. It was a sorry looking palm tree. This ambitious bird seems to have bitten off more than it can handle, but it successfully made off with its cargo.
Our February Photo Contest Winner
- Alum's Career on the Ocean Began in the Forest
- Laurielle's Upper Mekong Photo Blog
- Morocco: A Film Lovers' Paradise
- The Legendary Black Dragon Pool
- "Beyond the Beaches" in the Dominican Republic
- Martine's Top 5 Highlights from Ethiopia
- Sounds of a Ger
- A Glimpse into the Golden City’s Exquisite Desert Festival
- 5 Reasons to Book your Polar Expedition Cruise with Worldwide Quest
- We're Coming to Vancouver!
Bengal Tiger at Ranthambore National Park, India taken by Justin Peter
We Want To Hear From You!
Have a travel tip or news item you want to share with us? Please send us an email with the details and if we can credit you for providing us with the info!