Congatulations to Ronald of Toronto for this wonderful photo of a very industrious Montezuma Oropendola. In Ronald's own words:
When: Morning of February 15, 2013 while on a Quest Nature Tour of Costa Rica led by Gavan Watson
Where: On the grounds of the Arenal Observatory Lodge
Why: The huge hanging nests of the Montezuma Oropendola require a lot of maintenance. After seeing a group of them working on their nest, I followed them to the source of their building materials. It was a sorry looking palm tree. This ambitious bird seems to have bitten off more than it can handle, but it successfully made off with its cargo.
Our February Photo Contest Winner
- The Gambia is a Hit!
- In the Footsteps of the Artist with Nella Cotrupi
- The Splendour of Russia Through an Artist’s Eyes
- Let’s Go Dutch
- Joy to the CITIES!
- Reading List for Epic Northwest Passage Expedition
- Welcome to the RCGS Resolute
- Only 4 spaces left on Havana!
- Most Liveable Cities: Where People Flourish Part II
- Science Lab Installed Onboard RCGS Resolute
We Want To Hear From You!
Have a travel tip or news item you want to share with us? Please send us an email with the details and if we can credit you for providing us with the info!