The Worldwide Quest Blog
Enjoy our leaders’ reports from the field, our travellers’ stories and pictures, travel advice and staff picks from trips we’re working on.
Mystery of Angkor Wat's building process solved
Solving ancient mysteries of the past with today's technology and strong old fashioned deductive reasoning help us understand the magnificent temples of Angkor Wat in northern Cambodia. The inquiring minds of Japan's Waseda University have made a rich discovery as to how massive stone blocks were transported. Angkor Wat is just one of a massive area of Wats and Temples in the are...
Expedition Chile 2012: Andy Johnson
In Andy's own words: 'I like birds. I like to find them, listen to them, watch them, photograph them, draw them and write about them.' Well with a little funding from Cornell Lab of Ornithology and an Ivy Student Expedition grant, Andy set out with colleagues on a Chile expedition and came back with remarkable footage....
Travel Discoveries. To the Distant Skies and Beyond
When you travel at night do you stare at the earth below, entranced by lights and stars? Do you try to figure out where you are? What are those lights? Where is that coastline? Are you amazed at the light show and vastness of our planet? Then you should watch this video produced by NASA captured from their International Space Station as it orbits earth. Spectacular! All Alone in the Ni...
Climate on the Rocks....
If you are engaged over the concerns of the melting Arctic ice, then you might enjoy reading this recent article in the Globe and Mail: Ice, please – climate on the rocks....
Colourful New Monkey Species Discovered!
A colourful new monkey species has been discovered in the Democratic Republic of Congo!...
- 5 River Cruise Essentials
- A Daring Adventure and the Trip of a Lifetime in Antarctica
- Greenland meets Vietnam: The Quiet American
- Beyond “In Flanders Fields”: Seeing WWI Poetry Anew
- Japan: A Mysterious Blend of Modern and Traditional!
- On the Road from Cusco to Lamay
- Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief: Donor Trip to Ethiopia
- "A Merry Christmas to every-body! A Happy New Year to all the world! Hallo here! Whoop! Hallo!"
- A Quick Guide to Port Wine: Facts We've Learned in Portugal's Douro Valley
- That Golden Sun Still Shines: A San Francisco Love Story
Pictured: Ladakhi dancers in India.
We Want To Hear From You!
Have a travel tip or news item you want to share with us? Please send us an email with the details and if we can credit you for providing us with the info!