- The popular Rubik's Cube was invented by Hungarian engineer, ErnÅ‘ Rubik
- There are approximately 500 places in the country where thermal water occurs
While not large in terms of population (it has only 10 million inhabitants) Hungary has a wealth of culture and history, complemented by a language so completely different from its neighbours that almost no shared words exist! Hungary has had more than its fair share of great architects though the years, and a stroll through Budapest or any large city here, is like walking through time. It is no surprise then, to see some truly ultra-modern and cutting-edge designs in public buildings. When Hungary's flowers are blooming, so is culture in Budapest for the city's regular Spring Festival. This festival attracts many classical music, opera and jazz fans from all around the world.
- Bathing in Budapest's thermal baths
- Walking along Castle Hill
- Visiting the Lake Tisza Bird Reserve