- Climbing Kili really can be done
- Sundowners taste better in the Serengeti
- Tanzania has the largest concentration of wildlife animals per square kilometer, with more than 4 million wild animals
- "Serengeti" translates from Maasai as "endless plains"
- A kitenge is an African garment similar to a sarong, worn around the chest or waist, and makes a great gift or souvenir as it's lightweight and easy to pack
The quintessential African experience is had in Tanzania with its unimaginable array of internationally-renowned destinations. The Great Rift Valley, the Serengeti Plains, Mount Kilimanjaro and the Ngorongoro Crater all amazingly fall within this lone nation’s borders. Africa’s “Big Five” mammals – African Elephant, Cape Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, and the extremely rare Black Rhinoceros can be seen in a single day in at Ngorongoro – a self-sustaining ecosystem that is often described as a natural “wonder of the world”. One of Earth’s great natural spectacles – the mass migration of the wildebeest – is observed in the sweeping, golden grasslands of Maasai; hippos are an ominous presence in the Simba River. And what’s not to say about Mount Kilimanjaro? A climb up this legendary behemoth is an experience rivalled by few others on the planet. Join one of our treks or safaris and let Africa’s eastern jewel leave a lasting impression.
- Finding where it all began at the Olduvai Gorge
- Always having a window seat in our pop top jeeps
- Photographing the migration, surrounded by wildebeest
Quest Nature Tours
Tanzania Classic Safari: The Great MigrationFeb 21 - Mar 03, 2019 (10 days)
Wild Kingdoms Africa Safari: Your Way(12 days, choose your dates)
Kili Climb: Your Way(9 days, choose your dates)
Tanzania Overland Safari: Your Way(9 days, choose your dates)