- Coffee shops originated in Vienna
- The oldest coffee shop still in use is Café Frauenhuber in Vienna, where Mozart is said to have performed
- Vienna is known as the City of Music, as composers such as Schubert, Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, von Suppé, Mahler, and Brahms were born here
- Vienna has the oldest zoo in the world, founded in 1752
- 62% of Austria is covered by the Austrian Alps
Thousands of years of history combine with lush green valleys and the snow-covered peaks of the Alps to offer you a varied exploration in Austria. Vienna – one of Europe’s most sophisticated and beautiful cities – is overflowing with first-rate musical performances, exquisitely-built cathedrals and fascinating museums. There is also an intoxicating European charm as well as a prevalent passion for “the good life”. Dotting the rolling countryside is a diverse array of villages and market towns that, when visited, make one feel as though they have stepped right back into Medieval times. Nature highlights include sweeping wildflower-filled meadows and the Neusiedler See steppe lake where impressive congregations of waterfowl and shorebirds abound. Not to be forgotten is the Fairy tale folklore and fine European cuisine of one of central Europe’s pre-eminent destinations.
- Tasting Kletzennudeln, a local specialty consisting of sweet noodles with a dried pear and soft cheese filling
- Photographing Medieval and Baroque structures in Vienna