- Thais believe that treating monkeys with kindness brings good luck
- Thailand is only nation in Southeast Asia that has never been colonized by a European nation
- It is home to the world's smallest mammal- the "Bumble Bat"
- "The King and I" was banned in Thailand- it was thought to be insulting to the King
- Be sure to keep hydrated- Bangkok was named the world's hottest city by the World Meteorological Organization
An intriguing mix of ancient and modern, Thailand continues to draw travellers to its architectural masterpieces, its beautiful beaches and its fine national parks. The quality of hostelry is magnificent and the food divine. As Bangkok remains one of the region’s airline hubs, chances are you’ll be passing through here on your way to Southeast Asia. Take a few days to enjoy the city; it’s hectic and chaotic and magical. Nearby the former capital of Siam at Ayutthaya is one of Thailand’s greatest historical treasures. With more time to spare, we like to get up north; Lan Na translates as a thousand rice fields and is the old name of the kingdoms of Chiang Mai and it surroundings. There are sacred Buddhist sites here, traditional hill tribe villages and the country’s best cuisine. Thailand boasts some of the region’s very best spas and beach resorts, so if indulgence appeals; this is the place to be.
- Making an offering to the Emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew
- Discovering Lanna architecture at Wat Phra Singh in Chiang Mai
- Observing the elephants at the Thai Elephant Conservation Centre
Upper Mekong River CruiseFeb 15 - Mar 01, 2019 (15 days)
Thailand: Your Way(14 days, choose your dates)