- Nikola Tesla was born in Croatia in the village Smiljan
- The necktie originated in Croatia
- Some of Europe's best Roman ruins are in Croatia
- It is thought that Marco Polo was born on one of the islands in Croatia
- The Dalmatia region is the original home of, you guessed it, the Dalmation
Tourism is on the rise in this coastal nation of southeast Europe both due to its glamourous architecture and natural elegance. 1246 islands are clustered off its pristine coast on the Mediterranean Sea where the bountiful waters make for a menu full of excellent seafood options. Tasting the local wine is also highly recommended in this peaceful area of shore paths and picturesque villages. Shorelines and nearby wetlands are home to herons, spoonbills, pelicans and storks, while the rugged mountainous regions inland allow hearty mammals such as lynx, wolves and bears to exist undisturbed. You may also try some basic phrases in the complex Croatian language to add a further dimension to this authentic nation.
- Frog legs are gaining tremendous popularity in Croatian gastronomy. You must try them!
- Almighty waterfalls and deep canyons tempt explorations
Croatia with the Womens Travel NetworkOct 06-17, 2019 (11 days)
Croatia: Your Way(11 days, choose your dates)